Muttertag 1961 / Mother's Day 1961

"Der lieben Mutter"
Dieses Gedeck kam mir in den Sinn, als ich den vorhergehenden Post über Muttertagsgeschenke verfasste. Das passt ja auch zu Muttertag.


"For the beloved mother" says the writing on this trio.
This trio came to my mind when I wrote the previous post about Mother's Day gifts. It fits so well on Mother's Day.

--ooOOoo--

Die lang gezogene Form des Tassenhenkels ist ähnlich zu den Tassen aus dem Katalog 1961. Die Porzellanfarbe ist beige wie Elfenbein! Das war damals totschick. Original sind nur noch Tasse und Teller übrig, die Untertasse habe ich dazu ergänzt. Das Set stammt von Mitterteich.



The elongated shape of the cup handle is similar to the cups from the 1961 catalog. The set's color is ivory, very en vogue at that time. Only Cup and plate are left from the original trio, the saucer I have added to it. The maker was Mitterteich in Germany.

--ooOOoo--

Meine Mutter bekam zum Muttertag auch ein Geschenk von meinem Vater. Sicher hätte so ein Anhänger auch auf ihrer Wunschliste gestanden.


My mother got for Mother's Day also a gift from my father. I am sure such a pendant would have been on their wish list.

--ooOOoo--

Oder vielleicht solch eine schicke Küchenmaschine. Die Braun Küchenmaschine unten hat damals Dieter Rams, Industriedesigner, entworfen. Das Design war so überzeugend, dass auch meine erste Braun Küchenmaschine, die ich etwa 20 Jahre später kaufte,  fast genauso aussah.


Or maybe such a fancy food processor. The Braun food processor was designed by Dieter Rams, industrial designer. That design was so convincing that even my first Braun kitchen machine which I bought about 20 years later, looked almost exactly the same.

--ooOOoo--

Auch Wohnzimmeruhren standen damals hoch im Kurs. Hier hat sich der Geschmack inzwischen massiv verändert.


Watches for the living room were also at that time highly treasured. Here our taste has meanwhile changed dramatically.

--ooOOoo--

Einen Sessel habe ich noch aus dieser Zeit. Er ist aus Teakholz und war mal ein schickes Designermöbel im Haus meiner Eltern. Als Lesesessel ist er unschlagbar bequem. Die Geschenke von uns Kindern an die Mutter zum Muttertag waren meist zu kurz gepflückte Blümchen und selbst gemalte Bilder.


I have still a chair from that era. It is made of teak and was once a chic designer furniture in my parents' house. It is unbeatable comfortable as reading chair. The gifts of us children to the mother for Mother Day were mostly too short picked flowers and selfmade paintings.

--ooOOoo--


Das war der heutige Dienstags-Tee.  Ich danke sehr für deinen Besuch. Weitere Tea Times gibt es bei diesen Gastgeberinnen, mit denen ich diesen Post verlinke:

This was today's Tea Time Tuesday.  Thank you so much for your visit. More Tea Times you will find by the hostesses, where I link in.


Tea Time Tuesday/Dienstags -Teeparty bei
Martha @ Martha's & Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday

A Return to Loveliness

Friends Sharing Tea on Tuesday
Freundschaftee dienstags bei

What is Wednesday
Patti and Paula@Ivy&Elephants

--ooOOoo--

Schöne Grüße,
Best greetings,
Johanna

Kommentare

Elisabeth Palzkill hat gesagt…
Liebe Johanna,

das sind kostbare Erinnerungen
an frühere schöne Zeiten.

Einen guten Abend wünscht dir
Elisabeth
FABBY'S LIVING hat gesagt…
Oh my goodness, such lovely gifts for Mom's Day. I'd love the china set,"For the Beloved Mother", from Bavaria..anyway, you know I'd like that, lol.. Have a great week my friend.
FABBY
Millie hat gesagt…
very interesting post! I have a clock like one of the ones in your photos.
Pamela Gordon hat gesagt…
That is definitely a 60's style teacup Johanna. It looks very 'modern' for those times. And yes, the beautiful gifts in the catalogue pages would be gratefully received, even today, when vintage is so popular. Well, maybe not the mantle clock. They are so big aren't they? Have a wonderful week Johanna. Blessings, Pamela
Bernideen hat gesagt…
What a sweet teacup for MOM and darling old photos I even remember!
Birgitt hat gesagt…
...der Sessel ist wirklich klasse, liebe Johanna,
bestimmt wurde er schon mal neu bezogen? oder ist der Stoff noch so gut erhalten?


lieber Gruß Birgitt
We had a wooden mantle clock similar to the ones you've shown Johanna - and I remember some of the other items from the 60's.
Handmade things were what mother's received back then.
Happy Tea Tuesday.
Judith
Maria Andrade hat gesagt…
What a delightful post leading us on a nostalgic journey to the past!
To start it all the china you shared is lovely, and the saucer a perfect match to the rest.
All the vintage items are real treasures for us who had them around in our sweet childhood days.
As to the gifts for Mother's Day, I also mention in this week's post the typical ones I offered back in those days...
Thanks for the lovely memories, dear Johanna.
Hugs
What fun to see gifts from the 60's, Johanna! I enjoyed seeing them and love the pretty tea service. Thanks for sharing the lovely ideas for Mother's Day, back in the day.
What an interesting post, Johanna. Your china is lovely and very much the 60's style. The items in the catalogues took us on a nostalgic journey and how amazingly in vogue these items are today. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

Blesisngs,
Sandi
Pondside hat gesagt…
It was lovely to read your mother's day memories Johanna. I remember being a very excited 8 year old when my father presented my mother some lovely jewelry. I have always thought, though, that the handpicked bouquets and handmade treasures from my children were the best gifts!
Happy-Sonne hat gesagt…
Liebe Johanna
Das sind wirklich wunderschöne Erinnerungen. Das Geschirr gefällt mir ganz besonders gut.
Eine glückliche Woche wünscht Dir Yvonne
Sweet-Little-Roses hat gesagt…
Das Geschirr ist ja wunderschön. Extra für Mutti. Wie süß. Solch ähnlichen Schmuck hab ich von meinen Großmüttern auch noch. Der wird gehegt und gepflegt und irgendwann an die Töchter weitergegeben. Auch trage ich die Eheringe meiner Opas (die wurden damals ja fast nie getragen) und erinnern mich so immer an die Lieben.

Liebe Grüße

Siva
Elisabeth hat gesagt…
Das Geschirr gefällt mir sehr gut liebe Johanna aber auch der antike Sessel.

Schöne Restwoche und herzliche Grüsse
Elisabeth
Stacy hat gesagt…
I love all of the vintage mother's day gifts. I really need to think of something beautiful to give to my wonderful mother.
Unknown hat gesagt…
What a fun post. Thanks for sharing.
I am new to your blog and love it.
Come by and say hi. :)

Have a great week!
~Liz
Terri hat gesagt…
What a lovely post about a by gone era! I love seeing those images in the catalog. They don't even have photographs, just drawings. Isn't that fascinating! Can you imagine buying a pendant you only saw a drawing of? We wouldn't do it today. We want multiple clear images of what we want to buy online. Things have really changed. And your tea cup trio is fab! I love Mother's china. I have two cups. Your set is so vintage. That is a wonderful style from that time period.
I saw that you have Forget Me Nots on your tray. Do you grow them in your garden? I used grow them many years ago. They were my favorite flowers to bring indoors in the spring when I lived very far up north in Canada.
Hugs,
Terri
Veronica Roth hat gesagt…
Hi Johanna,
I love vintage stuff! Love it to pieces. You've shown a wonderful collection on your tea post, but the best has got to be your own chair. That's a treasure to keep. I have most of the sweet mother's day cards my children made for me when they were little. Those are treasures too. :) Hope you have a lovely day.
Two Cottages And Tea hat gesagt…
I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful items from the 60's! The teacup set is so lovely and perfect for the occasion!
Nancy
Ruthie Miller hat gesagt…
Dear Johanna,
What special Mother dishes you presented us with. I enjoyed seeing them especially with mother's day approaching. What a pretty tray you set.
It was a lot of fun looking at the old ads. I am sure your mother loved her portraits and flowers best though.
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com
FABBY'S LIVING hat gesagt…
I think I just gave myself a Mother's Day gift! Come on over and see; I invite you cause I know you like this! Big hugs,
FABBY
Aida hat gesagt…
Thank you for taking us back in time Johanna. That Braun catalogue only goes to show that they are one pioneering company we've trusted over the years.

I'm so excited for Mother's Day.

Have a good week.

Blessings,
Aida
Elke Schwarzer hat gesagt…
Hallo Johanna,
das Geschirr ist so schön mit den Blüten darauf.
Und die alten Kataloge erstmal - man sollte nie etwas wegwerfen. Aber ob die heutigen Kataloge jemals so interessant wirken werden? Mit den Zeichnungen hat das ja was Künstlerisches, das kommt mir heute bei den aktuellen Sachen nicht so vor. Aber wer weiß - später mal?
Viele Grüße
Elke
FABBY'S LIVING hat gesagt…
Thank you for dropping by sweet Johanna..you know you always make my day! I would love you to go check my post, just before the Mexican one, as I know you would like it better! There's a crochet tablecloth. Have a wonderful weejend.
FABBY
Princesa Nadie hat gesagt…
Dear Johanna
I´m really glad meeting you sharing your Mother´s Day Tea cup
Love

Ivy and Elephants hat gesagt…
What a great post! Such lovely vintage Mother's day items bring back so many memories. Love the gorgeous dishes!
Hugs,
Patti
Dearest Johanna,
What a lovely post! So many things that I do recognize. Sure we only grew up about 7 hours apart from each other; not that much for US standards.
Lovely China you show and that Braun gift idea is about the very same as I have for some 40 years! Still working; not that often but I got it. High quality; that's for sure.
Enjoy your weekend and lots of hugs,
Mariette
Gattina hat gesagt…
Schöne Geschenke ! Mein Vater sagte immer dass meine Mutter nicht seine Mutter wäre also bekam sie nichts !
Mein Muttertag wird immer an anderen Daten von meinem Sohn gefeiert ! Erst nach englischem Muttertags Datum und jetzt das Holländische !
Sigrun hat gesagt…
Jetzt sag mir bloß nicht,du hebst auch noch alte Kataloge auf. Das ist ja sowas von genial, Fast alles, was man da sieht hatten wir auch, die Anhänger, die Uhr ... und und und. Aber alles kann man nicht behalten. Ich sah soeben neues Porzellan, das muss! ich haben. 60iger-Look.

Sigrun
Träumerle Kerstin hat gesagt…
Fein, Stöbern in alten Katalogen. Als Kind hatte ich paar alte Ausgaben von Modekatalogen aus dem Westen und war ganz begeistert von den schönen Kleidern. Da konnte ich ewig drauf schauen und wünschte mir, ich wäre schon groß und könnte auch so feine Kleider tragen.